• March 8Corn Toss season is upon us--sign up to be on the team!
  • December 18The First Bowling Match of the Season is Today at Greenmount! Good luck, Griffins!
  • December 1Conferences are on Dec. 4, 2023.

Congratulations to Gateway Graduates

Daniel Bonner

Hello graduates of Gateway, friends and family! It feels good to be back in the school after being out so long during the pandemic.

I should begin by congratulating everybody who made it this far. I know a lot of students at this school are inclined to drop out early, so completing high school is quite the achievement. After this, some students will go on to work, the military, or to college. I highly recommend Carroll Community College right next door, particularly Professor Robert Young. He is an amazing history professor and is extremely lax with the classroom rules and penalties.

Speaking of professors, I should give thanks to a few teachers here. For starters, I would like to thank Mr. Larrimore and Mr. Schilling. As far as I am aware, every student in this school has been helped by Mr. Larrimore to varying degrees, usually major ones. Mr. Schilling has also helped every student in this school by helping organize events and delivering the Gateway Gazette. Also, in a lockdown drill in Mr. Schilling’s room, nobody is getting through an armada of students wielding screwdrivers and hammers! I would also like to thank the rest of the Gateway staff, although there are a few too many to list individually.

I suppose I should be discussing the graduating class a little bit too. I have attended school with many of them for several years and I am pleased to see they made it here as well. There will of course be a fresh batch next year, and another the year after that, hopefully forever. Gateway has long served as a place for students to turn their lives around and ensure their academic success. Success is not always a given from the beginning. As I mentioned a minute ago, many students are inclined to drop out early. This means that not every student will succeed, but Gateway does everything in its power to ensure they do. The students below their senior year still have a way to go to succeed, but I am sure they can do that. This year’s graduating class has achieved that success. Congratulations, class of 2021 and I wish you the best of luck! Thank you.

This speech was delivered in front of all graduating seniors, their families and friends, and the staff at Gateway School/Crossroads Middle at the graduation ceremony that took place Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at Westminster High School.

• Mr. McPhetridge with his children at the Packers Hall of Fame trophy room in Green Bay, WI. From left to right: Kaylee, Brett, Jacob, and Luke.

Features

Thank You and Farewell to Mr. McPhetridge

• Gateways Source of Strength

Features

Gateway’s Source of Strength

• Mr. Joness Second Act at Gateway/Crossroads

Features

Mr. Jones’s Second Act at Gateway/Crossroads

• Mr. G takes Crossroads students outside for G-day

Crossroads News

Welcome to Crossroads!

• Ms. Barnard: A Lovely Addition to the Staff

Features

Ms. Barnard: A Lovely Addition to the Staff

• Farewell (for now) to the Heart and Soul of Gateway/Crossroads

Features

Farewell (for now) to the Heart and Soul of Gateway/Crossroads

• Year-Round School: Is It Time for a Change?

Features

Year-Round School: Is It Time for a Change?

• Gateway is the Best Thing That Has Ever Happened to Me

Features

Gateway is the Best Thing That Has Ever Happened to Me

• Happy PRIDE Month!

Features

Happy PRIDE Month!

• The Beginning of the End - The Gateway Witch

Entertainment

The Beginning of the End – The Gateway Witch

Activate Search
Congratulations to Gateway Graduates